The Pot Still
- Telephone 0141 333 0980
- Seasonal times Late license until 1am (two weeks over Christmas and new year)
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sun 11am–11pm
- Average price £5 (lunch); £5 (evening meal)
- Website thepotstill.co.uk
Old-school, charming whisky specialist pub in the city centre, with several hundred bottles and staff who know the lot.
With its olde worlde boozer vibe, wall-hung beer advertisements and whisky aficionado clientele, the Pot Still is an unusual prospect in that it’s one of only a few traditional city centre pubs left standing. And what a pub. The shelving behind the bar groans with literally hundreds of bottles of malt (there can be up to 720 available at any given time), while friendly staff remain on hand to guide customers through their choice. The focus is firmly on drink, but the Pot Still offers a selection of good-quality meat and vegetarian pies from Scottish butchers Campbell’s served with marrow peas or baked beans to soak up the drink. In the face of the many slick, homogenous bars in the city, this place shines as a charming and totally independent offering. Just don’t expect a convoluted cocktail at busy times.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Eclectic
- Live entertainment: n/a
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 25 - 30
- Open since: 1981
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £12 per bottle
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.