- Telephone 0131 226 9560
- Opening times Mon–Thu 8am–midnight; Fri & Sat 8am–1am; Sun 8am–11pm.
- Bar open Mon–Thu 10am–midnight; Fri/Sat 10am–1am; Sun 10am–11pm. Cafe: Mon–Thu 7.30am–midnight; Fri/Sat 7.30am–1am; Sun 7.30am–11pm
- Food served Mon–Sun 7.30am–10pm
- Website brewhemia.co.uk
With enough room for a café, prosecco bar, boudoir, taproom, bothy and beer palace (with six giant copper beer tanks), Brewhemia offers sophistication and adventure in equal measure.
Formerly the Sportsters and City sports bar and nightclub complex, Brewhemia represents a radical overhaul of the changing nightlife industry. The building started out as the old printing rooms of the Scotsman; now each room is loosely themed around the story of a Leith boy from the 1800s who travelled to Europe before returning home with influences from afar. There is a French-style boudoir, a subtly Scottish tartan taproom, a gin bothy which is part Highlands/part après-ski, and the centrepiece is a large, copper-decked Czech beer palace which hosts bands, performers, DJs and piano players over the weekend. Good-quality food takes in brunch, steaks served on a hot stone, burgers and salads, as well as more distinctive dishes like a meaty lobster and crayfish cocktail in Bloody Mary-infused sauce and a well-presented plate of German chicken schnitzel with bratkartoffeln (fried potatoes) and red cabbage coleslaw. With its broad focus on food, craft beer, prosecco and wine Brewhemia is very much designed to have broad appeal, particularly to groups. Yet there’s enough space that most customers will be able to find a part of it to make their own.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Thu: piano jukebox; Fri/Sat: piano music, DJ and bands; Sun: choir and swing band.
- Capacity: 1852
- Largest group: 1000 (negotiable on enquiry)
- Open since: 2017
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 23
- House wine: £16 per bottle
Events at this venue
There are 2 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Glitterati is back and bigger than ever - join us for a Hogmanay party like no other!
Mon 31 Dec
Prices to be confirmed / 0131 226 9560
Palast Des Cabaret
Weekly cabaret evenings featuring Scottish talent.
Wed 21 Nov
Wed 28 Nov
Wed 5 Dec
Reviews & features
Best restaurants for groups and parties in Edinburgh31 May 2018
Restaurants in the capital that welcome large groups
In search of somewhere that can confidently cater to your party? Here's the spots we think are the best for dining in large numbers, whether it's a birthday bash, an office party or just an overdue catch up.