Hamilton's Bar and Kitchen
- Telephone 0131 226 4199
- Opening times Mon–Sun 9am–1am
- Seasonal times Extended to 3am during Festival and at Christmas
- Bar open Mon–Sun 9am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 9am–10pm.
- Website www.hamiltonsedinburgh.co.uk
Popular Stockbridge local dishing up adventurous pub grub and a lengthy cocktail list.
This bar has become a busy Stockbridge local since opening in 2008, facilitating drunken catch-ups over cocktails among friends (the long cocktail menu includes a banana and salted caramel Old Fashioned, a pecan and amaretto sour, and plenty seasonal concoctions in Mason jars with stripy straws) and refuelling for those suffering from shopper fatigue. Weekend breakfast options include black pudding schnitzel with fried egg and caramelised apple or avocado with poached egg on sourdough bread with chorizo jam, plus gluten-free sweet potato hash browns with eggs and red pepper salsa. Occasionally, combinations don’t quite gel (admittedly, hake with macadamia nut brittle and salted caramel may be an acquired taste) but the staff are swift to help if anything doesn’t seem right. Vegetarians and those on a gluten-free diet are well catered for, as are dog owners and rugby fans (see Twitter for match viewing plans.)
- High point: Unhurried, friendly service
- Low point: Some fiddlier food combinations don't gel
- Notable dish: Scottish ale-battered tiger prawns with lemon and chilli jam
- Private dining: 40 (restaurant area)
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Live acoustic music every Sun from 7.30-10.30pm
- Capacity: 87
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2008
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle