Hamilton's Bar and Kitchen
- Telephone 0131 226 4199
- Opening times Mon–Sun 9am–1am
- Seasonal times Extended to 3am during Festival and at Christmas
- Bar open Mon–Sun 9am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 9am–10pm.
- Website www.hamiltonsedinburgh.co.uk
Popular Stockbridge local dishing up adventurous pub grub and a lengthy cocktail list.
Hamilton’s has many of the ingredients of a good local: homely interior, reasonable house wine, decent beers on tap, plenty choice when it comes to wine and cocktails, comfort food (burger, fish and chips) and a great brunch selection. So it gets the locals, from families in the day to couples on dates, big groups on nights out and nearby restaurant staff for after-work drinks (it’s always open till 1am). But it also gets tourists visiting the Stockbridge farmer’s market and, thanks to Canadian chef MacKenzie Barker, the menu is more ambitious than your average local. The scallop sashimi with heirloom tomatoes, apple, lime and cucumber gazpacho perhaps sounds better than it tastes, but oven roast monkfish with rhubarb curry, Puy lentils, mango chutney, toasted cumin seeds and yoghurt (phew!) is a real winner. A sturdy Stockbridge contender.
- Private dining: 40 (restaurant area)
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Colin's playlists - soul, 90s hip-hop
- Capacity: 87
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2008
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 28
- House wine: £16 per bottle