- Telephone 0845 166 6005
- Opening times Mon–Wed 11am–11pm; Thu & Fri 11am–2am; Sat 10am–2am; Sun 10am–midnight.
- Bar open Mon–Wed 11am–11pm; Thu/Fri 11–1am; Sat 10–1am; Sun 10am-midnight.
- Food served Mon–Sun 10am–9.45pm.
- Average price £15 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.granaryleith.co.uk
Shore-front haven for good food at a reasonable price.
Sitting pretty on The Shore, The Granary makes the most of its location with simple wooden furnishings and big open windows. The only thing pulling focus from the waterfront view is the food: the menu may boast of serving 'locally caught haggis', but the quality here is no joke. Hearty, homely classics are served in generous portions, and the chefs aren't afraid to put a creative twist on tried and true favourites. The crayfish starter is like a posh prawn cocktail, while the caledonian braised beef is way beyond the average roast – it's slow-cooked in a sticky bitter-sweet sauce and accompanied by well-thought out sides like mustard mash. Try the salted caramel anything for dessert (sundae, tart, you name it) and if you're in on a Sunday, the set market menu is a good value option. The wine list is detailed and there's a strong range of beers and ales on tap. Perfect for sipping as you gaze at the water.
- High point: Good for Scottish food
- Low point: Can get busy, you need to book
- Notable dish: Braised beef
The Granary serves quality hearty food in a comfortable homely setting down by the Leith docks. Experience food that will warm your cockles and leave a lasting impression on your tastebuds.
Sitting on the Leith Shore front, in an area brimming with stylish, top quality bars and Michelin star restaurants, The Granary is building a reputation for serving high quality food alongside premium beer, wines and cocktails.
We have a wide variety of products to suit all tastes from our locally caught haggis to imported lager from India, from fair trade tea and coffee to fresh homemade scones and shortbread.
Come in and see for yourself, sit in front of our fabulous fire, a glass of wine in one hand and home baking in the other.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Monthly comedy night
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 150
- Open since: December 2006
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £12.50 per bottle
Events at this venue
There are 2 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time