- Box office 0141 357 5454
- General enquiries 0141 337 3006
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–midnight
- Seasonal times December: 1am close
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–midnight
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–9pm; Fri/Sat noon–9.30pm
- Pre-theatre times Unknown at this point.
- Average price (set lunch)
- Website distillbar.co.uk
Bathed in green light, and with the largest rum selection outside London, Distill offers atmosphere and comfort with inventive and affordable food.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Nestled within the plethora of neon lights that now adorn the fashionable Finnieston strip, one could all too easily bypass Distill. Don't be fooled though, this is a bar worth turning into. For those who pray to the god of rum this is the hallowed city, holding the largest of cane-sugar selections this side of Greenwich Mean Time. Bar staff will happily mix a Blackwell's Jamaican rum or an Angostura 1919 with fresh fruit to create something really rather memorable. Distill's tacos are the stuff of legend to the pre-club crowd, and the mix will invariably suit those who equally enjoy the latest ambient house and classic techno emanating from the DJ booth. For a real treat try the Andalusian fish stew with chorizo, potato and peas or the falafel wrap with harissa, Turkish salad and flatbread.
- High point: Lots of rum. Seriously, loads.
- Low point: Could do with a bit of a spruce up
- Notable dish: Prawn tacos
- Private dining: 15-20
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Ambient house and techno
- Live entertainment: DJs Fri/Sat/Sun (Disco/funk/soul/house/electro/hip-hop
- Capacity: 40+
- Largest group: Up to 20
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £17 per bottle
Reviews & features
Valentine's Day - where to take your date3 Feb 2012
Some seductive suggestions for what to do on or around February 14th
Experience a May-December relationship ... or at least, vicariously experience someone else’s. Among the several films the Glasgow Film Theatre are screening to get you into the Valentines spirit on 14 Feb (including Brief Encounter and French…