Hard Rock Cafe
- Telephone 0131 260 3000
- Opening times Sun–Thu 11am–11pm; Fri & Sat 11am–11.30pm; closed Mon.
- Seasonal times Late license during festival, typically open til 2pm Fri & Sat.
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–1am
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–11.30pm
- Average price £23 (lunch); £23 (evening meal)
- Website www.hardrockcafe.com/location/…
Some restaurants are all about the expectation game. Launched in London over 40 years ago, the Hard Rock has since exported its rather cookie cutter approach all over the world, but should you go in expecting generous portions of decent, if rather uninspired, 'Southern' style American cooking served to a blaring rock soundtrack there is plenty to enjoy. A big point is made of the on-site smoker and the hickory-smoked chicken wings are tasty, though even the 'Heavy-Metal' extra spicy version could do with more punch. Also from the smoker is the pulled pork sandwich, a rich if slightly sweet take on this southern staple. The extensive list of burgers is based around a hearty 10oz patty, although it is the well seasoned, crisp, fries that stand out. Unfortunately both dishes are let down by the buns which are slightly undersized and overwhelmed by their fillings. The staff and walls alike are festooned with rock memorabilia and while the high octane American-style service sounds a little odd in a Scottish accent, but it's undeniably slick.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Rock from the 70's onwards
- Live entertainment: Battle of the Band style competitions
- Capacity: 150
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 1998
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle
Events at this venue
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Alternative Burns Night Menu
Have a Haggis Burger for Burns Night, with an optional dram (£3 extra).
Fri 24 Jan
Sat 25 Jan
Sun 26 Jan
Reviews & features
Chinese New Year 2020: Food, Drink & Entertainment Offers
The List are helping you celebrate Chinese New Year with a range of discounts and offers from some of Edinburgh's best restaurants, bars and entertainment sites.
Eat like a legend with Hard Rock Cafe19 Jun 2019
Glasgow and Edinburgh restaurant announces extensive new offerings this summer
Hard Rock Cafe Glasgow and Edinburgh announce their most extensive menu innovation in the company's history with their new offerings debuting on Friday 14 June. The legendary restaurant's new menu puts the spotlight on its line-up of all-new…