Hard Rock Café
- Telephone 0131 260 3000
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–1am; Sun 12.30pm–1am
- Seasonal times Late license during festival, typically open til 2pm Fri & Sat.
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–1am
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–11.30pm
- Average price £23 (lunch); £23 (evening meal)
- Website www.hardrock.com
Some restaurants are all about the expectation game. Launched in London over 40 years ago, the Hard Rock has since exported its rather cookie cutter approach all over the world, but should you go in expecting generous portions of decent, if rather uninspired, 'Southern' style American cooking served to a blaring rock soundtrack there is plenty to enjoy. A big point is made of the on-site smoker and the hickory-smoked chicken wings are tasty, though even the 'Heavy-Metal' extra spicy version could do with more punch. Also from the smoker is the pulled pork sandwich, a rich if slightly sweet take on this southern staple. The extensive list of burgers is based around a hearty 10oz patty, although it is the well seasoned, crisp, fries that stand out. Unfortunately both dishes are let down by the buns which are slightly undersized and overwhelmed by their fillings. The staff and walls alike are festooned with rock memorabilia and while the high octane American-style service sounds a little odd in a Scottish accent, but it's undeniably slick.
- High point: Cracking, crispy french fries
- Low point: Ducking out of the way as tourists photograph the memorabilia.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Rock from the 70's onwards
- Live entertainment: Battle of the Band style competitions
- Capacity: 150
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 1998
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle
Events at this venue
There are 3 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Breakfast with Santa
Tuck into some sausages and eggs with the jolly old man himself. His little helper reads a magical story before it's time for presents, games and face painting.
Sun 10 Dec
Sat 16 Dec
Sun 17 Dec
Li'l Monsters Halloween Disco
Halloween party games, costume competition, face-painting station and entertainment from Stina Sparkles at this Halloween bash for kids.
Sun 29 Oct
under 2s free; children £9.95 / 0131 260 3000