99 Hanover Street
Busy, upbeat cocktail bar taking centre stage on Hanover Street with daily live DJs.
99 Hanover Street is a steadfast feature of the city centre drinking scene, with live DJs and entertainment in quirky, opulent surroundings. The wittily themed cocktail directory ranges from Would I Lychee You to Bitch Peas! (that’s not a joke, there are actual peas in it) or enjoy a harmonious sharer from Tanq Sinatra and I Did It Mai Way. Other drinks options are presented in a series of informative bar and pie charts. Service is obviously important to the team behind the bar, while table packages offer groups a little exclusivity and remove the pesky inconvenience of having to get up to go to the bar at all.
- High point: A good place for good times
- Low point: A slight ‘in with the in crowd’ edge
- Private dining: Up to 50 covers
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Upbeat, funk, hip-hop
- Live entertainment: Live DJs
- Capacity: 180
- Largest group: 180
- Open since: 2006
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- House wine: £19 per bottle
Reviews & features
Five reasons to go to . . . 99 Hanover Street31 Jul 2015
Goldie, Optimo and Nightmares on Wax among festival highlights
Unleashed from its 11-months-a-year double life as one of Edinburgh’s most stylish and centrally located bars, 99 Hanover Street takes on a more clubby atmosphere during the Festival, aided by its legendary Thursday night guest parties.