Barça Tapas and Cava Bar
- Telephone 0141 248 6555
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–midnight
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–midnight
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thu noon–6.30pm; Fri noon–5.30pm
- Pre-theatre price £12.95
- Website www.barcatapas.co.uk
A plush and popular Spanish restaurant situated in Princes Square – Glasgow's designer shopping centre.
Situated on the second floor of the upmarket Princes Square shopping centre in the heart of Glasgow, the recently renovated Barça Tapas and Cava Bar is a great place to grab a quick bite and glass of wine mid-shop. The terrace area allows you to dine (sort of) al fresco and do a spot of people watching. The menu, which underwent an overhaul in 2017, is extensive and thoughtfully put together, with the usual options of gambas pil-pil and patatas bravas alongside more unusual dishes including crispy cod dumplings with pickled samphire, and aioli dip and grilled halloumi marinated in rosemary, cumin and lemon. If tapas doesn’t do it for you, try one of the delicious platters such as the North African platter which includes flatbread, hummus, tahini, spiced yoghurt and a choice of meat skewers. Finish off with the churros and caramel dip. Barça is also a sophisticated spot if you’d rather just have a drink, with over 20 wines served by the glass as well as cocktail masterclasses.
- Private dining: Two terraces, 30 and 40
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: House/funk/pop
- Live entertainment: Salsa classes and music nights on some Thu nights
- Capacity: 175
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2005
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 23
- House wine: £17.95 per bottle
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.