Harvey Nichols Forth Floor Restaurant, Brasserie, and Bar
- Telephone 0131 524 8350
- Website www.harveynichols.com
Shiny, all-day brasserie offering a fresh, flexible menu and unparalleled views over the city.
Bustling and purposeful, there's sometimes an air of upmarket departure lounge in this big space. Thankfully though the food is far more interesting than anything you are likely to get courtesy of Prestwick. Borders steaks and a temptingly fresh seafood selection are on offer throughout lunch and dinner. The seasonally changing menu has salads in starter and main sizes as well as several dishes offering a twist on standard bistro food. The Dingwall black pudding is a fabulous black velvet treat, sweetened with a dollop of apple sauce, while pan-fried pollock is enlivened by a rich saffron risotto with just the right amount of bite. Pavlova moves up a gear with bittersweet cranberries. Stick to the prix fixe menu and you can have three courses and a cocktail at prices nowhere near sky high.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: mellow ambient sounds
- Live entertainment: Occasional jazz; Fringe shows on Sundays in August
- Capacity: 88 (Additional 20 on terrace in summer.)
- Largest group: 30. The entire floor (120-140) can also be hired.
- Open since: 2002
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 20
- House wine: £22 per bottle