Forth Floor Restaurant, Brasserie and Bar
- Telephone 0131 524 8350
- Opening times Restaurant Lunch Mon–Sun noon–2.30pm; Afternoon Tea Mon–Sun 3–4pm; Dinner Tue–Sat: 5.30–10pm. Brasserie Mon 10am–5pm; Tue–Sat 10am–10pm; Sun 11am–5pm. Bar Mon 10am–6pm; Tue–Sat 10am–midnight; Sun 11am–6pm.
- Food served Mon 10am–5pm; Tue–Sat 10am–10pm; Sun 11am–5pm.
- Pre-theatre times Noon–3pm, 5.30–10pm.
- Pre-theatre price £18
- Website www.harveynichols.com/restaurant/…
Stylish all-day brasserie offering a menu of classic dishes and great views over the city.
The Forth Floor Brasserie was a trailblazer, opening almost two decades before St Andrew Square became a dining destination. And it still has a superior air, looking down on the army of newcomers. The glass-fronted dining room is bright and airy, service is friendly, and the small tables lend a feeling of cosiness. And when the weather allows, the terrace offers spectacular views of Edinburgh Castle in one direction and Fife in the other. With an attractive seasonal menu and ambitious à la carte offerings, the brasserie is a haven for hungry shoppers and an equally popular choice for those not undergoing retail therapy. A starter of roasted beetroot with hazelnut-crusted goat’s cheese and honey truffle dressing is a tasty twist on a classic. Mains include a moist pan-fried duck breast which borrows smokiness from the accompanying Morteau sausage, while black pudding balls and sautéed potato add further textures to the dish. To finish, dark chocolate brownie with a luscious pecan maple mousse will fortify diners, whether they are planning more shopping or just a stroll round the square.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Easy listening
- Live entertainment: Fringe venue
- Capacity: 74 (24 outdoors)
- Largest group: 30. The entire floor (120-140) can also be hired.
- Open since: 2002
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 20
- House wine: £23 per bottle
Events at this venue
Sorted by title / date & time
Wednesday 26 June
National Lampoon’s Vacation (1983)
Tuesday 9 July
Stand By Me (1986)
Thursday 18 July
Tuesday 23 July
Dirty Dancing (1987)