Forth Floor Brasserie
- Telephone 0131 524 8350
- Opening times Mon 10am–6pm; Tue/Wed 10am–11pm; Thu–Sat 10am–midnight; Sun 11am–6pm
- Seasonal times Festival and Christmas: extended hours.
- Bar open Mon 10am–6pm; Tue/Wed 10am–11pm; Thu–Sat 10am–midnight; Sun 11am–6pm.
- Food served Mon 10am–5pm; Tue–Sat 10am–10pm; Sun 11am–5pm.
- Average price £18 (set lunch); £30 (evening meal)
- Website www.harveynichols.com
Shiny, all-day brasserie offering a fresh, flexible menu and unparalleled views over the city.
Bustling and purposeful, the atmosphere in the broad space of this top-floor brasserie might remind you of an upmarket departure lounge but the food is more interesting and tastier than anything you are likely to get courtesy of Prestwick or Gatwick. Borders steaks and a temptingly fresh seafood selection are on offer throughout lunch and dinner. The seasonally changing menu has salads in starter and main sizes as well as several dishes offering a twist on standard bistro food. The Dingwall black pudding is a fabulous black velvet treat, sweetened with a dollop of apple sauce, while pan-fried pollock is enlivened by a rich saffron risotto with just the right amount of bite. Pavlova is moved up a gear with bittersweet cranberries. Stick to the prix fixe menu and you can have three courses and a cocktail at prices nowhere near sky high.
- High point: Top-floor panorama makes it a unique venue
- Low point: Can feel rather crowded when busy
- Notable dish: Dingwall black pudding, apple sauce, mixed salad
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: mellow ambient sounds
- Live entertainment: Occasional jazz; Fringe shows on Sundays in August
- Capacity: 88 (Additional 20 on terrace in summer.)
- Largest group: 30. The entire floor (120-140) can also be hired.
- Open since: 2002
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 20
- House wine: £22 per bottle
Events at this venue
There are 4 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Themed cocktail masterclasses.
Wed 26 Apr
Wed 24 May
Loveboat Big Band
Set sail for altogether sunnier climes and a night of exotic rhythms and hot, hot horns.
Movies and Shakers
Enjoy a three course meal, two cocktails and unlimited popcorn with a classic film screening.
Wine Tasting Masterclass
Find out which wines suit your palate at this wine tasting session.