Forth Floor Brasserie
- Telephone 0131 524 8350
- Opening times Mon 10am–6pm; Tue/Wed 10am–11pm; Thu–Sat 10am–midnight; Sun 11am–6pm
- Seasonal times Festival and Christmas: extended hours.
- Bar open Mon 10am–6pm; Tue/Wed 10am–11pm; Thu–Sat 10am–midnight; Sun 11am–6pm.
- Food served Mon 10am–5pm; Tue–Sat 10am–10pm; Sun 11am–5pm.
- Average price £18 (set lunch); £30 (evening meal)
- Website www.harveynichols.com
Shiny, all-day brasserie offering a fresh, flexible menu and unparalleled views over the city.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
With its wonderful views out across the Edinburgh rooftops, excellent cocktails and consistently interesting and accessible food, the Forth Floor Brasserie has long been a destination for Edinburgh’s diners. And almost 15 years on, it’s still a treat to sit with a drink in hand, watching as the sun dips beneath the rooftops and the shadows turn the chimney pots black. It’s even more fun to do so while enjoying a plate of simple, contemporary food (although occasional timing issues in the kitchen doesn’t always make this an unalloyed pleasure). A cute little jar of smoked mackerel rillettes comes with home-cured cucumber and warmed bread, a simple steak comes with great chips and a lamb cutlet is bolstered by its bed of smoky aubergine purée. But changes are afoot on the Forth Floor. A new menu launches in April, promising to make more of the all-day experience and remove distinctions between breakfast, lunch and dinner menus, while still aiming to keep the ‘classic bistro feel’ of the food.
- High point: Cocktails and that view
- Low point: Cooking not always consistent
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: mellow ambient sounds
- Live entertainment: Occasional jazz; Fringe shows on Sundays in August
- Capacity: 88 (Additional 20 on terrace in summer.)
- Largest group: 30. The entire floor (120-140) can also be hired.
- Open since: 2002
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 20
- House wine: £22 per bottle
Events at this venue
There are 3 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Themed cocktail masterclasses.
Wed 26 Apr
Wed 24 May
Movies and Shakers
Enjoy a three course meal, two cocktails and unlimited popcorn with a classic film screening.
Wine Tasting Masterclass
Find out which wines suit your palate at this wine tasting session.