Forth Floor Brasserie
- Telephone 0131 524 8350
- Opening times Sunday to Wednesday: 11am – 6pm Thursday to Saturday: 11am – 11pm MENU TIMES All Day Dining Menu Sunday to Wednesday: 12pm – 5pm Thursday to Saturday: 12pm – 8.30pm Afternoon Tea Menu (reservations only) Sunday to Saturday: 3pm – 4pm Bar
- Seasonal times Festival Sun and Mon open late – check website
- Food served Mon 10am–5pm; Tue–Sat 10am–10pm; Sun 11am–5pm.
- Pre-theatre times 5pm–10pm
- Pre-theatre price £19 (inc cocktail or Prosecco)
- Website www.harveynichols.com/restaurant/…
Our top priority is to ensure both our guests and employees feel safe and comfortable so that all can dine and drink with peace of mind. To ensure the health and safety of our staff and patrons, we have implemented a number of new measures:
There are fewer tables to ensure an appropriate physical distance between dining parties.
We have implemented a one-way system across our dining areas to help with social distancing when moving through the space.
Customers will have a choice of virtual or single-use recyclable menus to order from.
Sanitiser stations are located at the entrance, exit and restrooms.
Enhanced cleaning schedules and extra staff training is being carried out by our team instore.
We will also be taking details from one member of each table to assist with the Scottish Government’s Test and Protect programme.
These are a selection of the many processes we have implemented to ensure the highest standards of health and safety for our guests and team. We hope these steps will ensure a positive experience and provide our customers with the reassurance to relax and enjoy their time dining in the heart of the Scottish capital at Harvey Nichols, Edinburgh.
Last updated: 4 August 2020
Stylish all-day brasserie offering a menu of classic dishes and great views over the city.
The Forth Floor Brasserie was a trailblazer, opening almost two decades before St Andrew Square became a dining destination. And it still has a superior air, looking down on the army of newcomers. The glass-fronted dining room is bright and airy, service is friendly, and the small tables lend a feeling of cosiness. And when the weather allows, the terrace offers spectacular views of Edinburgh Castle in one direction and Fife in the other. With an attractive seasonal menu and ambitious à la carte offerings, the brasserie is a haven for hungry shoppers and an equally popular choice for those not undergoing retail therapy. A starter of roasted beetroot with hazelnut-crusted goat’s cheese and honey truffle dressing is a tasty twist on a classic. Mains include a moist pan-fried duck breast which borrows smokiness from the accompanying Morteau sausage, while black pudding balls and sautéed potato add further textures to the dish. To finish, dark chocolate brownie with a luscious pecan maple mousse will fortify diners, whether they are planning more shopping or just a stroll round the square.
The Forth Floor Brasserie is open seven days a week, providing everything from sumptuous lunches and snacks, afternoon tea, coffee and cocktails, as well as seriously good suppers. The Brasserie is flexible, casual and welcoming - the perfect destination for eating and drinking in Edinburgh.
Text supplied by third party.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Jazz evenings, movie nights, Sunday music, perfume launches
- Capacity: 90 (26 outdoors)
- Largest group: 120. The brasserie and restaurant can be be hired together.
- Open since: 2002
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 26
- House wine: £24 per bottle