Forth Floor Restaurant
- Telephone 0131 524 8350
- Opening times Mon 10am–6pm; Tue–Sat 10am–midnight; Sun 11am–6pm
- Bar open Mon 10am–6pm; Tue–Sat 10am–midnight; Sun 11am–6pm.
- Food served Mon noon–3pm; Tue–Sat noon–3pm, 6–10pm; Sun noon–3pm.
- Average price £26 (set lunch); £26 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £30 (3 courses)
- Website www.harveynichols.com/restaurant/…
Good-looking food and spectacular views from this fine dining restaurant in Harvey Nichols.
By night, you enter this temple to well-heeled shopping by a side entrance on Multrees Walk and zip to the open-plan top floor by lift. The corner restaurant overlooks St Andrew Square with a balcony for al fresco dining in summer. It's screened off from the bar/brasserie by twinkling glass beads, adding a touch of glitz – like the champagne-led wine list – though the décor overall is understated. For starters, a ladle of beetroot soup seems a little lost in its wide-rimmed bowl, while the citrus tang of chilled red mullet escabeche is rather drowned out by its supporting cast. Mains are a definite step up, be it braised pork cheek, risotto and black pudding or a fleshy pink Borders lamb chump chop with spiced tomato pearl barley. The wines are impressively varied and good by the glass, while the vote for best pudding goes to the hot raspberry soufflé.
- High point: Stunning al fresco dining in summer
- Low point: Slightly disappointing starters
- Notable dish: Braised pork cheek
- Private dining: Up to 15 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Jazz
- Capacity: 50 (12 outdoors)
- Largest group: 55
- Open since: 2002
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 26
- House wine: £22 per bottle
Events at this venue
Summer Seafood Dinner
Executive Chef Stuart Muir and Stevie 'Fish' talk you through four courses, matched with wine, at this summer seafood dinner.
Wed 19 Jul
£60 / 0131 524 8350
- 19:00 – 23:00
Reviews & features
Q&A: Stuart Muir – Harvey Nichols27 Oct 2014
Head Chef talks festive food as Christmas approaches
How does your restaurant change in look and atmosphere in December? What effect are you hoping for? Christmas is always an exciting time for Harvey Nichols and the Forth Floor. We are in full Christmas swing come December and there is always a great…