Forth Floor Restaurant
- Telephone 0131 524 8350
- Opening times Mon 10am–6pm; Tue–Sat 10am–midnight; Sun 11am–6pm
- Bar open Mon 10am–6pm; Tue–Sat 10am–midnight; Sun 11am–6pm.
- Food served Sun/Mon noon–4pm; Tue–Sat noon–3pm, 6–10pm.
- Website www.harveynichols.com/restaurant/…
Good-looking food and spectacular views from this fine dining restaurant inside Harvey Nichols.
Perched high over St Andrew Square, the Forth Floor restaurant offers superb views over what has become one of Edinburgh's most sought-after dining locations. But while the burgeoning line-up of high-end neighbours is relegated to ground floor level, the elevated Forth Floor has stunning views across the New Town. Well-informed staff appear just as you require service and handle queries in a most reassuring manner. To start, slow-roasted Borders pork belly is soft with perfectly rendered fat, although the beetroot and goat's cheese mousse loses its texture in the blend. Beef fillet is accompanied by dauphinoise potatoes, and a suitably zingy pesto adds real pizazz. A sous vide breast and roast leg of guinea fowl is moist but a touch under-seasoned and could benefit from a little more sauce. On a warm summer day this is one of Edinburgh's premier locations and, from a comprehensive seasonal drinks menu, you're bound to find the perfect tipple to accompany the view.
- Private dining: Up to 15 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 50 (12 outdoors)
- Largest group: 55
- Open since: 2002
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 26
- House wine: £22 per bottle
Reviews & features
Q&A: Stuart Muir – Harvey Nichols27 Oct 2014
Head Chef talks festive food as Christmas approaches
How does your restaurant change in look and atmosphere in December? What effect are you hoping for? Christmas is always an exciting time for Harvey Nichols and the Forth Floor. We are in full Christmas swing come December and there is always a great…