Forth Floor Restaurant
- Telephone 0131 524 8350
- Opening times Mon 10am–6pm; Tue–Sat 10am–midnight; Sun 11am–6pm
- Bar open Mon 10am–6pm; Tue–Sat 10am–midnight; Sun 11am–6pm.
- Food served Sun/Mon noon–4pm; Tue–Sat noon–2.30pm, 5.30–10pm.
- Website www.harveynichols.com/restaurant/…
Fine dining with fabulous city views in a chic restaurant on the top floor of Harvey Nichols.
With impressive views across the capital, the Forth Floor Restaurant has a glamorous, chic vibe that few other venues in Edinburgh can match. When the weather allows, the outdoor seating is a great vantage point to enjoy a cocktail and look down on St Andrew Square. The dining space has a modern luxurious feel to it and, in keeping with the room’s good looks, diners are smart and dishes beautifully presented. It’s not just style – there is substance to the fine dining here. A starter of red mullet balances the delicate flesh of the fish with fresh compressed melon and cucumber salad, while the pairing of a moist quail breast with caramelised chicory is a delightful sweet and savoury hit. Mains are similarly assured with lots of creative flavour combinations. Deftly roasted stone bass is given an Italian twist with a light gnocchi, packed with parmesan flavour, and the richness of a duck breast is cut by sour cherry compote. Service is friendly and swift with knowledgeable staff on hand to guide diners through the experience.
- Private dining: Up to 14 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Electronic pop
- Live entertainment: Jazz on a Friday night in winter.
- Capacity: 50 (12 outdoors)
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2002
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 26
- House wine: £23 per bottle
Reviews & features
Q&A: Stuart Muir – Harvey Nichols27 Oct 2014
Head Chef talks festive food as Christmas approaches
How does your restaurant change in look and atmosphere in December? What effect are you hoping for? Christmas is always an exciting time for Harvey Nichols and the Forth Floor. We are in full Christmas swing come December and there is always a great…