- Telephone 0141 337 3055
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am–12.30am
- Website www.threejudges.co.uk
Classic traditional West End bar atmosphere with a friendly vibe combined with a rolling roster of interesting and unusual guest cask ales.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
One of Glasgow’s grand old bars, the Judges is a fixed point in a neighborhood that's been in a state of flux recently, with Partick becoming increasingly infused with elements of West End cool. This well-appointed saloon with a traditional pub atmosphere has long been an attraction, serving up to nine cask ales of every shade and colour, with a menu of current guest brews noted on a chalkboard and plenty of Campaign for Real Ale awards on display. Visit to hang out with students, locals and business folk, enjoy a conversation in a music-free environment and discover your next favourite bespoke pint from a selection including favourites from Willams Bros. and Inveralmond Brewery. On Sundays, read the papers and relax here while enjoying live jazz.
- High point: Classic west end bar
- Low point: Very limited food options
- Provides: Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Jazz, Sun 3pm–6pm.
- Capacity: 60
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £11.50 per bottle