Tchai-Ovna House of Tea
A transcendent celebration of Slovak tea house culture tucked away in Glasgow’s West End.
Tchai Ovna is unapologetically alternative in comparison to its West End counterparts. From its no-frills exterior, charmingly haphazard décor, and stubborn refusal to change according to whatever trends are doing the rounds, the house of tea has become something of an institution, known and loved for its quirks. The absence of wifi and the many comfy, low-lit corners heaped with cushions create an atmosphere that takes customers far from the outside world. Tea is the priority here, with a seemingly endless list of options varying in origin and taste, although the food is by no means an afterthought; the Middle Eastern 'platter of delights' is a whirlwind of flavour and the vegan chocolate cake is decadently dense.
- High point: A haven for tea lovers
- Low point: Relaxed pace won't suit everyone
- Notable dish: Chipotle Chilli
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions
- Music on stereo: atmospheric and laidback playlist
- Live entertainment: Sing songwriters/live jazz/poetry and story reading/exhibitions
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: Bookings not taken
- Open since: 2000
Events at this venue
Classic jazz and pop tunes performed by American singer-songwriter Jessica Davey.
Wed 22 Nov
0141 357 4524
- 20:00 – 22:00