- Box office 0141 331 1777
- General enquiries 0141 331 1777
- Opening times Mon–Thu noon–2am; Fri & Sat noon–3am; Sun 12.30pm–2am.
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–2am; Fri/Sat noon–3am; Sun noon–2am
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–9pm, Sun noon–6pm
- Average price (set lunch); £12 (evening meal)
- Website www.moskitoglasgow.com
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Proudly boasting that 15 years have now passed since this bar became synonymous with Bath Street’s bar scene, Moskito has successfully shifted with the times to remain popular. DJs and a 2am licence at the weekend keep revellers pouring in, but Moskito also manages to excel as a lower-key evening bar. Booths line the long, open floor space, maintaining privacy while retaining a sociable feel. Its beer menu has evolved as craft has risen, while the kitchen too feeds current trends. Burgers and pizza are present and correct, (check for two-for offers on weekdays) – and a gooey mac and cheese served in a cast-iron pot is fantastic, particular when served with jalapeños. But it’s the light bites that stand out, from bite-sized filo pastry ‘sausage rolls’ to a black pudding scotch egg with crispy shell and warm, runny yolk, the menu is awash with little gems.
- High point: Small bites
- Low point: Weekends can be too busy for dining
- Notable dish: Small bites
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: indie rock / dance
- Live entertainment: DJs Fri–Sun
- Capacity: 150
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2000
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £16.95; Sun–Tue £9.95. per bottle