This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Box office 0141 331 1777
- General enquiries 0141 331 1777
- Opening times Mon–Thu noon–2am; Fri & Sat noon–3am; Sun 12.30pm–2am.
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–2am; Fri/Sat noon–3am; Sun 12.30pm–2am
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–9pm, Sun noon–6pm
- Average price £14.50 (lunch); £14.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.moskitoglasgow.com
Longtime Bath Street favourite with low ceilings and lots of space, burgers, cocktails and a late licence.
This place is the elder statesman of Bath Street’s subterranean bar stretch. In many ways, it still feels the same as when it opened its doors in 2000, with those great, cavernous rooms that stretch out the back, and the clubby atmosphere that kicks in in the evening. It’s pretty cool, without trying too hard. And they’ve evolved with the times too – alongside the pizzas and burgers (2-4-1 on Mondays and Tuesdays, respectively), the ‘small bites’ section is very on trend, with a gorgeous little Scotch egg of black pudding that’s crisp and meaty in all the right ways, or ham hough croquettes with properly juicy shreds of pig. The specials are always worth a look: meaty favourites like ribs pop up, and are great value – as is all the food. The late licence and the cocktail menu are two other perennially popular reasons why many a Glaswegian has a soft spot for Moskito.
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: alternative and independent stuff during the day, getting more electronic in the evening
- Live entertainment: DJs Sat/Sun
- Capacity: 150
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2000
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £16.95; Sun–Tue £9.95. per bottle