- Telephone 0141 574 6066
- Food served Mon–Sun 11am–3am (full menu til 9pm, pizzas until late).
- Average price £3–5 (one-course), 2 pizzas £8.95 (noon–9pm daily); £13 (evening meal)
- Website www.bloc.ru
With opulent burgers and hot dogs that would make Lenin blush, Bloc+ capitalises on a renegade spirit with ale that could temper any Tsar.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
There is something wonderfully maniacal about the way Bloc+ operates. As staff admirably swirl and twist dispensing drinks, burgers and dogs there is a palpable sense of revolution in the air. Yet this is a bar which manages to ably cater for two distinctly separate customer bases. By day it services ravenous office staff, while after dark it's all about live acts playing to those firmly on the fringes of mainstream society. Despite occasionally courting controversy via its gonzo advertising strategy Bloc+ is also much beloved by many as the instigator of fresh and free alternative music. The Doppleganger Bratwurst truly has to be seen to be believed while Vladamir Poutine fries are a treasure infinitely more appealing than their namesake. The wine selection is coercive while the bottled beer selection certainly gives cause for a conspiratorial glance between comrades.
- High point: Vladamir Poutine fries are a wise choice of side
- Low point: Some tables a bit cramped
- Notable dish: Durty Burger
Come and try our 'Durty Burger': Grilled 6oz beef patty topped with Smiths bacon fries (yes, crisps), trailer trash cheese, homemade burger relish, sweet pickles and our burger gravy. Robust, smokey, gooey and most of all durty.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 20 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Eclectic rock, punk and soul.
- Live entertainment: Live music, DJs, bands, open mic
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 175
- Open since: 2001
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £10 per bottle
There are 2 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
The Blas Collective
'Folk flavoured sessions' from this collective led by Jenn Butterworth.