The Moo Bar
These premises have closed.
- Telephone 0131 667 6907
- Opening times Mon–Fri 3pm–1am; Sat & Sun noon–1am.
- Seasonal times Open til 3am every night during the Festival
- Bar open Mon–Fri 11am–1am; Sat & Sun noon–1am
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–9.30pm; Sat noon–6pm; no food on Sun
- Average price £9.50 (lunch)
- Website www.meadowbar.com
There are few watering holes in Edinburgh that can boast a guardian spirit. The genius loci of the aptly named Meadow Bar is an enormous metal snake uncoiled along the ceiling: those intrepid enough to brave the basilisk stare will find one of the most understatedly pleasant spots in the Southside. Crispy-based pizzas with a rainbow of tasty toppings are a sage choice, and the ice-cream sundae is a massive glass of cold, caramel-veined joy, worthy of a star in itself. The atmosphere is low-key, busy and convivial, with friendly staff and a small bar and venue room upstairs available for free hire. A prime spot to grab coffee and curly fries and rifle through the newspapers.
The Moo Bar is a relaxed yet stylish watering hole in Edinburgh’s south side. A pub from the team behind The Cuckoo’s Nest and The Mad Hatter, The Moo Bar is full of quirky, one-off decorations, with hand-painted signs throughout, vintage lamps, knick-knacks and retro video games.
The menu includes mouth-watering Moo Burgers, pizzas, fajitas and a kids' menu. You can also try one of our delicious Moo Shakes – basically massive alcoholic milkshakes (non-boozy options available).
Named as a nod to its previous life as the Meadows Bar, faithfuls will be pleased that the giant, metallic snake which running across the top of the bar still takes pride of place. Although no-one quite knows why.
There's a pub quiz , a pool table, all major sports games screened and an upstairs bar which can be rented for free for parties and often hosts comedy and film nights.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 35 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Bouncy indie tunes
- Capacity: 35
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 2004
- Number of wines sold by the glass: £8
- House wine: £9.95 per bottle