- Box office 0141 423 5628
- General enquiries 0141 423 5628
- Food served Mon 9am–4.30pm; Tue–Sat 9am–9pm; Sun 10am–4.30pm
- Average price £9 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Justifiably treasured by sweet-toothed Southsiders as the home of a cake counter groaning with cheesecake, bakewell tarts and chewy meringues fresh from the oven, Moyra Jane’s café transforms into an informal Euro bistro come the evening. The young couples on a midweek date night and older solo clientele add to the relaxed Continental feel here, and the vast menu retains all its day-time favourites alongside a brief seasonal specials blackboard. There’s something pleasing about being able to tuck into an authentic coq au vin with a gutsy, dark gravy while your dining partner tackles a full Scottish fry-up. There’s nods to the contemporary with MJ’s Superfoods salad (artichokes, quinoa, beets and seeds) it’s the like-grandma-used-to-make mince and tatties and Loch Fyne kippers that keep the many regulars returning. They also opened another diner, MJ’s Brasserie on Seres Road in Clarkston, in spring 2016.
- High point: Those cakes taste just as good at 9pm
- Low point: Amy Winehouse album on a loop
- Notable dish: Banoffee Pie
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Live music
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 45
- Open since: 1993
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle