- Box office 0131 556 4272
- General enquiries 0131 556 4272
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–1am; Sun 12.30pm–1am
- Seasonal times Festival and Christmas: extended hours
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–1am; Sat/Fri noon–3am; Sun 12.30pm–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–9pm; Sun 12.30–9pm (Mexican menu served Sun–Thu 9pm–midnight).
- Average price Brunch plate and bloody Mary for £10, served until 6pm Sat/Sun (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.thestreetbaredinburgh.co.uk
Welcoming pub with a friendly buzz, great cocktails, and a basement club at the weekends.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
This bright drinking den with its floor to ceiling windows is perfect for people-watching, drinking and dancing – one of those places where you pop in for a quick one after work on a sunny Tuesday and end up holding court with a cocktail in each hand, until you realise that was your last night bus trundling past on its way down Leith Walk. Oops. Despite its size though, there’s a real community spirit in this bar – staff are friendly, dogs are welcome, there’s a lively quiz (aka comedy cabaret gameshow) on a Wednesday and decent food options (with a reduced menu served right through till midnight). Things ramp up at the weekend, when the downstairs club really comes into its own: local hero DJ Trendy Wendy has a regular Friday spot, kicking the weekend off as only she can.
- High point: Friendly place to kick-start your weekend, or just your night
- Low point: Cocktails go down a bit too easily
- Notable dish: Mexican nibbles till mindnight
A trendy & popular mixed bar with friendly staff. By day the glass front makes it an ideal place to relax with a coffee & people watch, whilst at night it attracts a livelier crowd with a buzzing atmosphere.
The Street is a venue over two floors, for eating, drinking & dancing with outdoor heated smoking areas on both levels. We are open until 1am daily. Full menu is served until 9pm & snacks are available until midnight Sunday to Thursday. We serve a premium selection of beers, wines & spirits, plus an extensive cocktail list. Drink promos are available.
A hectic schedule of entertainment ensues every week. On Wednesdays The Pub Quiz rules at 9pm with prizes ranging from a bundle of cash to remote control helicopters. Thursday nights is "Quality Street" with DJs Honky Tonk & Monkey Baz playing every flavour in the box. Then there's dancing in The Street every Friday with DJ Trendy Wendy & Saturdays bring a selection of Edinburgh's finest pre-club parties & Djs. Downstairs area is available for private hire subject to availability.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 100 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: House
- Live entertainment: DJs and game show nights on Wednesdays
- Capacity: 240; 120 seated
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 2004
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £17.50 per bottle