- Box office 0131 556 4272
- General enquiries 0131 556 4272
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–1am; Sun 12.30pm–1am
- Seasonal times Festival and Christmas: extended hours
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–1am; Sat/Fri noon–3am; Sun 12.30pm–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–9pm; Sun 12.30–9pm (Mexican menu served Sun/Sat 9pm–midnight).
- Website www.thestreetbaredinburgh.co.uk
Welcoming bar with a friendly buzz, great cocktails, and a basement club at the weekends.
On the corner of 'the pink triangle', The Street is one of those upbeat bars where everyone is instantly made to feel welcome. That warmth is extended to our canine friends and, not to mention, leading the capital by example with Braille menus for the blind. Shiny floor-to-ceiling windows make people-watching, with a cold pint in hand, oh so easy. Come 9pm, the calm basement transforms into a nightclub. Dance your carers away till 3am Thursdays to Saturdays, and on Wednesday night there's a quirky cabaret game show. Juicy burgers and posh hot dogs till 9pm, and greasy Mexican comfort food, including fries smothered in nacho toppings till midnight, are perfect for soaking up playful cocktails. Mojitos, Daiquiris, Pornstar Martinis – all the classics alongside Mars Bar milk bottles and boozy Hendricks teapots to share. It's easy to pop in for a quick late-night refuel and forget to leave.
A trendy & popular mixed bar with friendly staff. By day the glass front makes it an ideal place to relax with a coffee & people watch, whilst at night it attracts a livelier crowd with a buzzing atmosphere.
The Street is a venue over two floors, for eating, drinking & dancing with outdoor heated smoking areas on both levels. We are open until 1am daily. Full menu is served until 9pm & snacks are available until midnight Sunday to Thursday. We serve a premium selection of beers, wines & spirits, plus an extensive cocktail list. Drink promos are available.
A hectic schedule of entertainment ensues every week. On Wednesdays The Pub Quiz rules at 9pm with prizes ranging from a bundle of cash to remote control helicopters. Thursday nights is "Quality Street" with DJs Honky Tonk & Monkey Baz playing every flavour in the box. Then there's dancing in The Street every Friday with DJ Trendy Wendy & Saturdays bring a selection of Edinburgh's finest pre-club parties & Djs. Downstairs area is available for private hire subject to availability.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 100 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: House
- Live entertainment: Game show nights on Wednesdays and DJs Thursday, Friday & Saturdays till 3am.
- Capacity: 240; 120 seated (20 outside)
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 2004
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £17.50 per bottle
Reviews & features
Compare the Market launch new 2 for 1 Meerkat Meals, restaurants in Edinburgh participate7 Aug 2018
Alongside big chains independent Edinburgh restaurants 11, Zucca, The Rosehip, Bar Brig and more will participate
Thanks to the latest money saving incentive from Compare the Market you can now dine out on 2 for 1 starters, mains and desserts with Meerkat Meals. The deal runs in conjunction with the ever popular 2 for 1 cinema ticket deal Meerkat Movies, and is…