- Box office 0131 229 5143
- General enquiries 0131 229 5143
- Opening times Mon–Sun 11am–1am
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–4pm, 5–9.30pm; Sat/Sun 10am–4pm, 5–9.30pm.
- Average price £12 (set lunch); £25 (evening meal)
- Website www.bennetsbaredinburgh.co.uk
Modern version of a beautifully traditional pub serving interesting food.
Taken over by the team behind La Petite Mort, things have changed at Bennets Bar. It's still a busy, traditional and cheerful pub with a wide range of cask ales, whiskies, wine and cocktails. It’s popular with students and the rugby crowd and does a roaring trade in theatre-goers on their way to the King's, as well as those who want to settle in for the night. But while the pub looks traditional, the food tells a very different story – succulent roast pork belly with smoked pork collar croquettes or perfectly pink neck of lamb served with dauphinoise potatoes are two choices from an interesting selection of mains flanked by equally enticing starters and desserts. Sharing a kitchen and corridor with La Petite Mort means customers can choose where to eat – just be prepared for a lack of tables just before matinee or evening performances.
- Private dining: Up to 56 covers
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Easy listening in the daytime, louder in the evenings
- Capacity: 182 total including 44 seated
- Largest group: Enquiries welcome
- Open since: 1906
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £16 per bottle