The 78 Café Bar
- Telephone 0141 576 5018
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Wed 12.30pm–midnight; Thu/Fri 12.30pm–1am; Sat/Sun noon–1am
- Food served Mon–Fri 12.30–8.45pm; Sat/Sun noon–8.45pm
- Average price £10 (lunch); £10 (evening meal)
- Website www.the78cafebar.com
Comfy sofas, laid-back service, good music, craft beers and low low prices at this West End vegan café-bar.
In keeping with the rest of its family of Glasgow outlets that includes Mono, Stereo and the Flying Duck, everything sold at this cosy, laid-back café-bar is free from animal produce. The simple but fresh and hugely flavorsome food here is so good there’s no reason for carnivores to miss their meat, from a starter of coconut and bean chilli nachos or a main of quesadillas with refried beans, vegan cheese and jalapeños (Mexican-inspired dishes are a theme) to the classic 78 veggie burger that’s been many years in the perfecting. A starter and a main most nights of the week costs little over £10, or better still, three courses plus a side-serving of dub reggae costs £9 at Dub ’n’ Grub on Thursday evenings. There are craft brews aplenty, lots of Williams and Sam Smiths in particular. In winter there’s an open fire, in summer tables row the pavement outside.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Amy Winehouse
- Live entertainment: Reggae night every Thursday night, open mic night on Wednesdays, live jazz on Sundays and DJs other nights
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2007
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle
Reviews & features
Best vegetarian and vegan cafes in Glasgow31 May 2018
Spots that are dedicated to serving top notch veggie and vegan food
If you're sick of meat dominating the menu or just fancy giving vegetarian cuisine a whirl then here's a list of highly recommended places for vegan and veggie dishes.
Eating & Drinking Guide Awards 2018: Glasgow winners17 Apr 2018
The List proudly presents the Glasgow recipients of the 2018 Eating & Drinking Guide Awards
The List's annual Eating & Drinking Guide has announced the winners of its reformatted Eating & Drinking Awards for 2018. To mark the guide's 25th anniversary edition, the new style for the Eating & Drinking Awards provides a single, exclusive list…
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.