The Dapper Mongoose
- Telephone 0141 632 4579
- Opening times Tue–Fri noon–10pm; Sat 10am–10pm; Sun 10am–9pm. Closed Mon.
- Food served Tue–Fri noon–2pm; 3pm–9.30pm; Sat/Sun 11am–2pm; 3–9.30pm. Closed Mon.
- Website www.thedappermongoose.com
An informal yet elegant restaurant and bar serving inventive small plates often with an unusual Scottish twist.
The intriguing name and logo of this new Shawlands restaurant say a great deal about its style. From its silky smooth cappuccino to its inventive fish, meat and vegetable dishes and seductive desserts, the Dapper Mongoose constantly surprises and intrigues. There is only one menu; diners are encouraged to navigate a reasonably priced lunch or a sumptuous dinner at will. For lunch fluffy, crunchy parmesan chips dipped into the chorizo mayo, and truffled chicken jus accompanying the Iberica black pudding stuffed chicken wings beat a chicken sandwich any day. For dinner dressed baked scallop of the day, cod fillet with smoked mussel, dulse butter sauce, pancetta and chive mash – all served in a beautiful ceramic bowl – leave the diner desperately seeking the last buttery salty morsel. Desserts do not disappoint either and the warm coconut rice pudding garnished with crunchy carpaccio pineapple, lychee gel and coconut ice-cream looks just as good as it tastes. Lone diners, bar snackers and groups all feel comfortable and welcomed by the engaged and knowledgeable staff.
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Easy listening
- Capacity: 38
- Largest group: 8
- Open since: 2019
- House wine: £18 per bottle