Razzo Pizza Napoletana
Great value Neapolitan pizza and pasta in a casual, contemporary setting.
With the notable exception of Aurora, Leith's Great Junction Street hasn't held much appeal for diners but the situation improved significantly with Razzo's opening in May 2019. The décor is clean, bright and vaguely futuristic, a feeling only reinforced by the giant Naples-built Scugnizzo pizza oven squatting in the rear of the restaurant like some sort of alien pod. There's a modest selection of starters including a generous plate of puffy rosemary and sea salt garlic bread and a delicious trio of arancini, which gently break open to reveal rice, peas and gooey mozzarella. Mains are exclusively pizza and pasta and the former are excellent with a plentiful covering of quality toppings and thin, lightly charred bases. Penne all'arrabbiata calabrese also exceeds expectations, the nduja affording a spicy kick. The dessert range is tiny, but generous portion sizes mean the odds aren't good on you getting that far. Although currently limited to soft drinks and BYOB, the granting of an alcohol license will see Razzo concentrate on craft beers and Italian wines. Around half the seats are counter-seating stools so groups should book ahead to secure a table.
- Delivery: https://deliveroo.co.uk/menu/edinburgh/leith/razzo?utm_campaign=organic&utm_medium=referrer&utm_source=menu_share
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Italian tunes
- Capacity: 20
- Largest group: No bookings taken
- Open since: 2019
- BYOB: Free corkage (BYOB will be discontinued once an alcohol license is granted)