La Bonne Auberge
- Box office 0141 352 8303
- General enquiries 0141 352 8310
- Opening times Mon–Sat 10.30am–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Sat 11am–10pm; Sun 12.30pm–10pm
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–2.15pm, 5–9.30pm; Fri/Sat noon–2.15pm, 5–10pm; Sun 12.30–3pm, 5–9pm
- Pre-theatre times All week, all day
- Pre-theatre price £18.95
- Website www.labonneauberge.co.uk
Bistro-style restaurant adjoining the Cowcaddens Holiday Inn offering various menu deals as well as a pricier core list.
La Bonne Auberge has been going strong for over 40 years, a sign their formula works – for half of this time, as a hotel restaurant, attached to the Holiday Inn chain. A large bar area, which is keen to showcase itself as a cocktail bar, is busy with mostly hotel guests while the restaurant area is a mixture of guests and locals – ready to take advantage of the many different dining deals available, before or after a trip to one of the nearby theatres. Inside, the décor is a little dated and service could perhaps be more efficient but the menu is interesting with some solid cooking and well-executed dishes to be found. Smoked duck breast makes a tasty starter – sourced from Scotland’s Rannoch smokery and paired with crottin, a crumbly goat’s cheese from the Loire valley, little cubes of pear jelly adds a sweet note to the finish. Elsewhere an unusual dish, fillet of sole, highlighted as one of their speciality dishes, combines flaky white fish with a mildly spiced curry sauce and grilled banana – the balance of flavours works well.
La Bonne Auberge Glasgow Theatreland takes pride in being one of the few Glasgow restaurants to still be going strong after 40 years. The original La Bonne Auberge first opened its doors on Bastille Day in 1975, and it's had something to celebrate ever since. Glasgow?s original Mediterranean brasserie continues to thrive and innovate under the guidance of award-winning executive head chef, Gerry Sharkey. Using only the freshest ingredients, the menus offer excellent value for money and tantalising cuisine inspired by France and the Mediterranean. La Bonne Auberge has been awarded an AA Rosette every year since 1997.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 100 covers
- No. overnight rooms: 113
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Post-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Pop music from the bar
- Capacity: 90
- Largest group: 90
- Open since: 1997
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £18 per bottle