La Bonne Auberge
- Box office 0141 352 8303
- General enquiries 0141 352 8310
- Opening times Mon–Sat 10.30am–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Sat 11am–10pm; Sun 12.30–10pm
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–2.15pm, 5–9.30pm; Fri/Sat noon–2.15pm, 5–10pm; Sun 12.30–3pm, 5–9pm
- Pre-theatre times All week, all day
- Pre-theatre price £18.95
- Website www.labonneauberge.co.uk
Bistro-style restaurant adjoining the Theatreland Holiday Inn offering various menu deals as well as a pricier core list.
Snuggled in to a corner of the Holiday Inn, within walking distance of Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, Theatre Royal and city centre shopping, La Bonne Auberge attracts a host of chatty lunch and pre-theatre devotees keen on sampling its restful dining area with brick columns, curvy ironworks, red velvet seating and colourful movie posters. Starters are simple but tasty and may include fresh soup of the day such as tomato peppered with highlights of star anise or a juicy chunk of ham hock dunked in sharp mustard with a bright apple purée bringing contrast and sweetness. Main of mushroom risotto is buttery and light, with hints of leeks and herby oil topped with a cluster of asparagus while warm chicken and bacon salad is a hefty serving buzzing with cucumber, strawberries, honey and crunchy pine nuts. Desserts celebrate the Auld Alliance with a cheeky Caledonian special featuring a Tunnocks snowball topped with Arran ice-cream and drizzled with raspberry sauce. If popping in for a quick lunch you can’t go wrong with croque monsieur, a pan-fried ham Swiss sandwich with roquette, honey, lemon, mustard and fries.
La Bonne Auberge Glasgow Theatreland takes pride in being one of the few Glasgow restaurants to still be going strong after 40 years. The original La Bonne Auberge first opened its doors on Bastille Day in 1975, and it's had something to celebrate ever since. Glasgow?s original Mediterranean brasserie continues to thrive and innovate under the guidance of award-winning executive head chef, Gerry Sharkey. Using only the freshest ingredients, the menus offer excellent value for money and tantalising cuisine inspired by France and the Mediterranean. La Bonne Auberge has been awarded an AA Rosette every year since 1997.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 100 covers
- No. overnight rooms: 113
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Post-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Light background music
- Capacity: 90
- Largest group: 90
- Open since: 1997
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 16
- House wine: £20 per bottle