Foresters Arms

Foresters Arms
Foresters Arms
41 Shevington Moor, Standish, Wigan, WN6 0SQ
Photo of Foresters Arms

The Foresters Arms first opened in the early 1850’s under the name of ‘The Rose and Crown’, in the heart of Shevington Moor. In 1861, the landlord John Davenport, was noted on the census to be a tailor as well as a beer seller. Another record of a landlord was in 1901, a gentleman known as Thomas Sheffield was recorded to be a collier and beer seller.

Text supplied by third party.