Cold Town House
Housed in a former church, this new Grassmarket venue is home to a brewery, bar, restaurant and rooftop terrace, all starring Cold Town Beer.
The newest addition to the Grassmarket, Cold Town House includes a brewhouse, prosecco and pizza bar and outdoor terrace housed in a cavernous former church. No expense has been spared in the creation of this shabby-chic interior, where exposed brickwork, leather upholstery and plush fabric booths frame features like a fire-pit at the centre of the ground floor. The brewhouse is perhaps the liveliest space, while the Italian-leaning menu features wood-fired pizzas named after Edinburgh neighbourhoods, like the Marchmont. There’s also food designed to have with their very own Cold Town Beer, cleverly categorised by whether you can eat it with your hands (halloumi fries) or need a fork (like the super seed slaw). Sharpen those elbows though. With a fun menu, changing tap list and prime outdoor seating under Edinburgh actual castle, it will be a minor miracle to get a seat among this church’s new congregation come summer – sun worshippers with a taste for beer and no-nonsense food.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Regular live music or DJ.
- Capacity: 300 (50 outdoors)
- Largest group: 20 for dinner; 200 for private functions
- Open since: Feb 2019
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £21 per bottle