The Fly Half
- Telephone 0131 467 3068
- Bar open Mon–Thu 11am–11pm; Fri 11am–1am; Sat 10am–1am; Sun 10am–11pm.
- Food served Mon– Fri noon–9pm; Sat/Sun noon-10pm.
- Average price £7 (one course, Mon– Fri noon–5pm); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.theflyhalf.co.uk
Leith's newest bar is dedicated to sports, with plenty of big screens to make sure you don't miss a moment of the action.
A sports bar may seem like an unusual choice from the owners of the popular Papillon and Café Tartine. But it might be just what’s needed for what’s been one of The Shores unluckier spaces. The cavernous brick-walled bar is newly adorned with bunting and memorabilia like Scotland rugby shirts and Leith Athletic FC posters. Illuminated beer signs with umpteen big screens and projectors detract attention from the windowless bunker vibe, making this a fine destination for enjoying live sports. (And indeed for private functions, with two free to rent rooms available.) Your favourite beer is bound to be available on tap or bottle, alongside Martinis and Margaritas on a compact cocktail list with good midweek deals. The food is hearty American soul food; poutine of the week comes smothered in cheese curds and low and slow meaty pork ribs promise to fall off the bone, while a southern-fried buttermilk chicken burger might just be the ultimate half-time score.
- Private dining: 25/50
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Varied
- Live entertainment: Lots of live sports
- Capacity: 250 (4 outdoors)
- Largest group: 250
- Open since: 2019
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £18 per bottle