- Box office 0141 331 5170
- General enquiries 0141 3315170
- Bar open Mon-Sun 11am-midnight
- Food served Mon-Sun noon–9pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun until 7pm
- Average price £14 (lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12
- Website thegriffinglasgow.co.uk
A venerable Glasgow pub taken over in 2016 by the owners of Sloans and Brel, offering food, goblets of the extensive gin collection and craft beer.
While Glasgow's King's Theatre opened in 1904, the Griffin, situated just across the road, feels just as stately. The new owners – who also have Brel, Sloan's and Maggie Mays – have decided that rather than be a jack of all trades, it shall be a master of gins and classic chicken goujons. Though perhaps a perplexing choice, things look rather promising with a range of goujon crusts – natural breadcrumb, cornflake or herb and parmesan – and various dips for dunking. The gin menu is where things get really interesting with a superb selection of Scottish-made options. Served within an imposing goblet and accompanied by fruits or spices respectively, the Eden Mill Love from St Andrew's is heavenly while Glasgow's own Makar Gin is alluring to say the least with botanicals of 90 per cent juniper. Sing it to the rafters, the Griffin is back in business.
- Private dining: Up to 80 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Rock, Soul and Jazz
- Live entertainment: Jazz Band once a month, Quiz Mondays
- Capacity: 68
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: Sun-Wed £12, Thu-Sat £16 per bottle
Events at this venue
There are 3 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Burst Out Laughing: Comedy Escape Room
Audience members have to complete hilarious and interactive games to escape a comedy club. Break out before we crack you up!
Sat 21 Mar
£7.70 / 0141 331 5170
Showcase of three female Scottish comedians: Lady Shona, Natalie Sweeney and Lubna Kerr.
Fri 27 Mar
£6.60 / 0141 331 5170