The Bier Keller
- Telephone 0131 556 1289
- Seasonal times Till 5am for Super Bowl.
- Bar open Mon–Thu 5pm–midnight, Fri 4pm–1am (or 2am if busy), Sat noon–1am, Sun noon–11pm.
- Food served Mon–Thu 5–9pm, Fri 4–9pm, Sat/Sun noon–9pm.
- Website www.picardyplace.co.uk/bierkeller/…
Expect live sport and a great selection of beers, cocktails and burgers from this Picardy Place bar.
Revitalising Beer & Skittles with a Bavarian twist, the team behind Apothecary, Steak and 12 Picardy Place deliver on live sports with steins to boot. Not to be confused with the rowdier English chain of the same name, Bier Keller is a chilled hangout ideal for grabbing a quick bite, playing darts and shooting pool. Though, with walls hung with widescreen TVs, the atmosphere could easily erupt on match days. Beer is the focus, with rotating taps, schooners, pints, steins and bottles dominating the industrial bar. But so do Jim Beam highballs and the cocktail classics, unadventurous yet all present and correct. Schnitzel and bratwurst reinforce the German theme or there’s two burgers for a tenner. These act as cheap stomach liners for when post-work Friday drinks roll into midnight singalongs with the DJ.
- No. overnight rooms: 10
- Provides: Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Either sports commentary or depends on the crowd.
- Live entertainment: Live sports. DJ Fri 7pm–close, Sat 9pm–close
- Capacity: 200 (50 outdoors)
- Largest group: 250
- Open since: 2018
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £18.50 per bottle