- Box office 0141 552 5211
- General enquiries 0141 552 5211
- Opening times Mon–Sat 11am–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–9pm; Fri/Sat noon–9pm; Sun 1–7pm.
- Average price £13.50 (lunch); £13.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.bar91.co.uk
Laid-back, spacious Merchant City bar serving generous homemade food and plenty of draft beer with al fresco seating in the summer.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
This long-standing Merchant City bar is a popular destination for kicking back after work, kept cosy in winter by flickering digital fires and offering coveted al fresco drinking in the warmer months. The simple-worded menu doesn’t do justice to the quality homemade food on offer. Chicken tortilla is filled with a hearty mix of seasoned peppers, mangetout and jalapeños and is served with a fresh, chunky tomato salsa. Pulled pork is both tender and pleasingly crispy and accompanied by creamy homemade coleslaw. As well as burgers and mains the chefs get creative with an ever-changing board of specials. Bar 91 isn’t affiliated to one brewery so there are plenty of draft choice, including three types of West beer and a guest tap to test out new options. Accompany your beer with one of the many snacks options, including flatbreads, mezze, antipasti and generously portioned wee plates, and settle in for the evening.
- High point: Easy-going vibe
- Low point: Spirit selection not as varied as the beer
- Notable dish: Pulled pork bun, sriricha sauce, hoisin & coleslaw
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Funk, soul and disco
- Capacity: 55
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 1994
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle