- Telephone 0131 334 6430
- Bar open Tue–Thu 4–11pm; Fri–Sun noon–11pm. Closed Mon.
- Food served Tue–Thu 4–11pm; Fri–Sun noon–11pm. Closed Mon.
- Average price £8 (bar snacks only)
- Website littlerascalwinebar.co.uk
This recent opening from the people who brought you the excellent Good Brothers Wine Bar in Stockbridge suggests things are on the up down Corstorphine way.
Little Rascal sits somewhere between bar, café and shop, with natural, biodynamic, organic and small-scale wines front and centre. The Sutherland brothers’ (also behind Good Brothers Wine Bar in Stockbridge) anarchic approach to wine-buying is shown by a simply typed list that changes all the time or just runs out (an occupational hazard when you’re buying in small amounts from interesting producers). That means an unfamiliar set of names and grapes to all but the most committed oenophile but there’s absolutely no need to feel out of your depth – the staff love their wine and are more than happy to recommend, chat or pour a wee sip before you make up your mind. All the bottles on pour are available to take home, or you can open something from the shop to drink there for a £10 corkage fee. Food is simple – cheese and charcuterie for nibbling. It’s not the comfiest of spaces but it seems clear the locals have taken it to their hearts, using it as drop-in space for a quick drink before or after dinner, or a place to take the dog while picking up a bottle for the house – beats nipping to Tesco.
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Chilled tracks
- Capacity: 25
- Largest group: 8
- Open since: September 2018
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 15
- House wine: £20 per bottle
- BYOB: £10 corkage charge to open any of the bottles available for retail sale and drink in the premises corkage
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.