Vesta Bar & Kitchen
- Telephone 0131 220 0773
- Opening times Sun–Thu 10am–midnight; Fri & Sat 10–1am.
- Seasonal times Festival and festive late night opening
- Bar open Mon noon–2pm, 5pm–midnight; Sun/Tue–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat 11am–midnight, .
- Food served Mon noon–2pm, 5–10pm; Tue–Fri noon–10pm; Sat/Sun 11am–10pm.
- Website vestaedinburgh.co.uk
A new look for Social Bite's flagship restaurant, Vesta is named after the goddess of hearth, heart and home and offers a mix of healthy and indulgent plates with lots of choice for veggies and vegans.
Named after the Roman goddess of home, hearth and family, revamped Social Bite restaurant Vesta serves fresh, healthy comfort food to both the general public and the homeless community (there’s a special service on Monday afternoons, when the restaurant is closed to the public). The décor is modern and cosy with exposed brick walls, fresh potted herbs, and wooden furnishings. The menu focuses on feel-good food, much of which is vegan, although there’s also a good selection of meat and fish, while chunky burgers are made with either beef or delicious homemade seitan. The king oyster mushroom scallops are seared till supple and very reminiscent of the fishy version. Balsamic and cherry pork loin is cut thick, pan-fried tenderly, and served with rich black pudding. Desserts are a mixed bag with a fairly ordinary cheesecake on offer alongside a marvellously fluffy toffee sponge cake with gooey peanut butter icing and crunchy popcorn garnish. Lunch is a pared down version of the dinner menu with the addition of sandwich platters and on Sundays there's brunch to be had, with keenly priced bubbles to accompany the eggs Benedict and avo toast. Enjoyed your meal? Gift the same to a homeless person by adding its value to your bill.
Pop in for delicious food, craft beers, cocktails and more. And why not ‘Pay It Forward’ and help us and our partners Social Bite end homelessness in Scotland.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 14 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Upbeat background soul, disco, and funk
- Capacity: 66
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2018
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £17.50 per bottle
Get 20% off Wild Natural Deodorant
Save 20% on the the world's first single-use plastic free, compostable refill natural deodorant. Wild is a London-based natural deodorant company that focuses on quality, performance and sustainability. They utilise the powers of the natural world to…