This modern bar has a focus on craft beer and gin, with a generous function space upstairs.
Tucked away in the Quartermile development, Apothecary appears to pride itself on its chic, even trendy, persona. With a glass facade and eclectic styling, the bar’s menu lauds its craft drink credentials, with its own brewed and distilled offerings front and centre. A small selection of plates, including roasted vegetables and hummus and a selection of Scottish cheeses stave off hunger, but the drinks menu is where this bar really excels. A sometimes raucous post-work crowd seems to agree, especially on a Friday evening, so a judicious choice of when to visit is advised. Located close to Edinburgh University, there are frequent DJ nights, a cocktail of the week deal and a weekly pub quiz – their targeting of the student crowd is evident and if you’re looking for a place to let your hair down or want to recapture your youth for the weekend, Apothecary is a solid choice.
- Private dining: 150 (parties) 60 (conferences)
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Weekend DJs and quiz on Tuesdays.
- Capacity: 35 (12 outdoors)
- Largest group: 150 (venue upstairs can be used for parties)
- Open since: June 2018
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 15
- House wine: £20 per bottle
Free £5 voucher for Peatreekers Double Standard Scotch Whisky
Discover an exclusive £5 discount code to be redeemed against a bottle award-winning Scottish whisky.