One20 Wine Café
- Telephone 0131 556 1911
- Opening times Mon–Thu 8am–10.30pm; Fri 8am–11pm; Sat & Sun 9am–11pm.
- Food served Mon 8.30am–10pm; Tue–Thu 8.30am–10.30pm; Fri 8.30am–11.30pm; Sat 9am–11.30pm; Sun 9am–10pm.
- Website www.one-20.co.uk
Fine Italian wines and produce served in a bright new wine café.
Father and son team Ronnie and Kyle Reid have a background in importing Italian wines. They’re now opening bottles for customers in this bright, light Dundas street wine café, along with Italian meats and cheeses from their favourite regions. The menu is small, but appealing, with lasagne and parmigiana di melanzane already proving to be customer favourites. The melanzane is intensely flavoured with soft collapsing aubergines and a rich, if slightly over-seasoned, sauce. Burrata is beautifully soft with semi-dried tomatoes and a tasty fresh pesto to compliment it. The wine list is predominantly Italian and the crisp Sicilian grillo is a welcome discovery. For a glass of wine and a sharing platter, or a coffee and a few dainty pastry mignons, this is a smart new addition to the area. With a linked food and wine boutique due to open later in 2019, One20 is one to watch.
All day wine cafe, serving breakfast, through to wine, platters and cooked dishes in the evening.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 16 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Smooth jazz
- Capacity: 52
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2018
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 21
- House wine: £20 per bottle