Vegan café, wellness centre and occasional market-place.
Edinburgh’s embrace of all things plant-based shows no sign of slowing down. Newington’s Beetroot Sauvage does things with a twist though, with an upstairs studio space for yoga and other wellbeing classes so you can practice your downward dog before grabbing an oat milk latte. For less active types there’s still a full menu: all-day breakfasts, mains and desserts are all meat and dairy-free, and other dietary requirements are more than catered for. They make their own vegan cheeses, like mozzarella for toasted ciabatta sandwiches with pesto and tomatoes – it also features in a substantial mac and cheese. Cakes include raw bakes, and Steampunk coffee provide one vice at least. There’s plenty of outdoor seating and a Sunday market and Saturday evening dining sessions all provide lots of reasons to stop by.
- Private dining: 10-12
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Chilled playlist
- Live entertainment: Live music on Sundays
- Capacity: 40 (40 outdoors)
- Largest group: 12 (evenings)
- Open since: 2018
- BYOB: £3 corkage (Saturday evening dinner only)
Events at this venue
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Children's Yoga Classes
Yoga and activities for primary school-aged children to help encourage their balance, flexibility, coordination and emotional wellness.