- Telephone 0141 848 1362
- Opening times Sun–Thur 12.30–11pm, Fri&Sat 12–1am
- Seasonal times 9pm close mid week in winter
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–midnight; Sun 12.30–11pm;
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–7.45pm; Fri/Sat noon–9.45pm; Sun 12.30–7.45pm
- Average price £4.75 (set lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Website www.maclay.com
This review is taken from the 2011 edition.
A member of the Maclay Inn group of bars, Canal Station offers much that its sister venues do - a smart and welcoming environment, pub classics on the menu, a well-stocked bar and dependable service. Housed in the old Paisley railway station, it’s a large airy venue with light wood furniture and cosy chairs dotted around. The menu doesn’t stray too far from reliable pub classics including starters of fishcakes, nachos and a baked camembert, also platters to share, with a Mediterranean slant in the Greek and antipasti options. Mains include burgers, pizzas and British classics like sausage and mash, and steak pie, plus a few global dishes such as fajitas, Thai curry and Cajun chicken. There’s a good seafood selection with battered and breaded options plus sea bream and mussels. When the sun shines, the local clientele make for the relaxing beer garden.
- Private dining: Up to 27 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Live music
- Music on stereo: Very quiet chart/pop/rock
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2008
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £10.95 per bottle
Events at this venue
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Canal Station Pub Quiz
Quizmaster Neil holds court with all the usual fun, games, biscuits and prizes.