Singl-end Merchant City
- Telephone 0141 552 4433
- Opening times Mon–Fri 8am–5pm; Sat/Sun 9am–5pm
- Seasonal times May–Aug: drinks served Fri/Sat until 8pm, no food 5–8pm
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–5pm; Sat/Sun 9am–5pm
- Website www.thesingl-end.co.uk
Second branch of the popular café and bakehouse, joining the original one on Garnethill.
The first thing you notice about Singl-end is the wafting scent of freshly baked bread, which adds a certain homeliness to this very cosmopolitan café. The atmosphere is brisk but welcoming, with cheery servers weaving around a busy space decorated with vintage touches. Alongside a brunch and lunch menu showcasing the artisan bakehouse breads on offer, you can also choose from a range of daily specials. Portions are mountainous, with the chorizo and Stornoway black pudding open sandwich offering plenty of flavour atop generous chunks of Italian Altamura bread, while the French toast with poached fruit is crowned with a quiff of mascarpone stiff enough to stand your fork in. The Cure Yer Heid berry smoothie certainly keeps its promise, being packed with enough zing to put a spring into your step for the rest of the day. Lively though the whole vibe is, it is also all very comforting.
- Private dining: Up to 14 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Eclectic mix of upbeat music
- Capacity: 65
- Largest group: 14
- Open since: 2018
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- House wine: 15.95 per bottle