- Telephone 0141 552 9900
- Opening times Mon–Fri 11am–late; Sat/Sun 9am–late
- Bar open Sun 9am–11pm; Mon–Thu 11am-11pm; Fri–11am-midnight; Sat 9am–midnight
- Food served Mon–Fri 11am–10pm; Sat/Sun 9am–10pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri 5–7pm
- Pre-theatre price £12.95
- Website www.mharsanta.co.uk
Bistro opposite Merchant Square with a crowd-pleasing menu featuring plenty of Scottish classics.
From the people who launched the US-themed Van Winkle bourbon and barbecue bar near the Barras, comes something very much closer to home. Accessible and central, Mharsanta serves up traditional Scottish food, or pub classics with provenance. A Scotch egg starter ramps up the nationalism with the addition of haggis, while mussels are from Shetland and the fish in your fish supper comes straight from Peterhead. There’s the odd nod, too, to worldwide cuisine, with an Asian panko twist on chicken goujons, and several variations of halloumi for vegetarians, including a battered halloumi burger with red pepper jam. While the prevalence of mince and haggis might not make it an obvious choice for vegans, a red lentil shepherd’s pie with plenty of veg and mashed potato means they won’t go home hungry. The décor and lighting are a little cold and corporate but staff are welcoming and friendly enough to offset the effects. Mharsanta seems most itself at lunchtime, when its well-priced hearty food is a draw for office workers and shoppers seeking the comfort of a good feed.
- Delivery: Just Eat, Deliveroo
- Private dining: Up to 44 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Scottish & UK artists
- Live entertainment: Special occasions through events company
- Capacity: 110
- Largest group: 65
- Open since: April 2018
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £16.50 per bottle
Events at this venue
There are 3 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
The Blend by Chivas
Learn about the history of Chivas Regal and the skills and craftsmanship it takes to make their signature blended whisky with a complimentary drink in hand. Then, get hands-on and create your own whisky, with a 200ml bottle blend to take home that night.
Fri 17 Jan 2020
Fri 24 Jan 2020
Fri 31 Jan 2020
Spirits of Scotland - A Night with Gary Innes and Friends
SPIRITS OF SCOTLAND - A night with Gary Innes and Friends Join us for an Exclusive Night with the Sensational Gary Innes & Friends on Thursday 4th & Thursday 11th December from 7-11pm Enjoy an Intimate & Exclusive night of Entertainment with Live Traditional Scottish Music, Whisky Tasting, Scottish…
Wed 11 Dec
£70 / 0141 552 9900
Win a pair of tickets to learn the art of the Master Whisky Blender
Win two tickets for a hands-on evening blending your own whisky with a free welcome drink upon arrival!