- Telephone 0141 332 7363
- Bar open Sun–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–9pm; Sat/Sun 10am–9pm
- Average price £6 (for one course); £15.95 (set evening meal)
- Website thedrakebar.co.uk
Comfortable Woodlands bar offering you the spoils of the country while residing in the city, with top-notch food and drinks.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Live in the city but don’t own a second home in the country? Don’t be glum, because the Drake’s got you covered. With a glorious roaring fire and sumptuous leather seating, the comfort of which would make even the sturdiest Chesterfield blush a dark crimson, all the trappings of country living are a mere hansom cab ride away. In the dimly lit downstairs bar they have resolved to serve a fresh pared-down menu that offers a great selection of classics from tender lamb shank or the Drake burger with blue cheese to the special Arnold Bennett omelette with smoked haddock and skinny fries. Upstairs at the weekend it’s a more lavish affair with a well-chosen selection of game and meats. Whichever way you go, don’t forget to sample the Hop House ale or an Old Fashioned, lovingly prepared by the most consummate staff in town.
- High point: Homely feel meets great food
- Low point: No disabled access
- Notable dish: Lamb Shanks
- Private dining: Up to 100 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Alternative indie rock, hip hop.
- Live entertainment: Dj on weekends and bi monthly paired down orchestra. Sunday sessions, acoustic gigs.
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 50/50 over two rooms.
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 20
- House wine: £17 per bottle
There are 2 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Drake Ensemble: Chamber Music In The Round
The ensemble plays chamber music.
Wed 26 Oct
£11 some concessions / 0141 332 7363
Mozart, String Quartet No 21 in D major K575; Piazzolla, 'Four For Tango'; Prokofiev, String Quartet No 1
Violins: Gemma O'Keeffe, Helena Zambrano Viola: Francesca Hunt Cello: Martin Storey
Ginger and Chilli Pop Up Dining Event
A pop up dining event exploring the cuisines of Scotland and Asia.