Comfortable Woodlands bar offering you the spoils of the country while residing in the city, with top-notch food and drinks.
Exposed stone walls, a roaring fire and a serious dog-friendly policy mean you can wander out of Kelvingrove Park and straight into the delights of a country pub transplanted in the city. Settle into a squishy leather booth and choose from carefully selected spirits, original cocktails and a wide selection of draught beer, with offerings from Germany, Portugal, the US and local fellas Williams Bros. The kitchen serves burgers, British classics and a few world cuisine dishes, with cider and mustard gammon and a Goan-style curry both large plate options. There are wraps served at lunch, brunch at weekends and cheery staff will help you choose from the daily specials board. With a focus on seasonal produce the cooking is precise, from a haggis Scotch egg with a perfectly soft yolk and rich pepper sauce, to plump king prawns in a delicate white wine cream linguine.
- High point: An epic roast and a bold Bloody Mary means Sundays are sorted
- Low point: Not an accessible venue
- Notable dish: Haggis Scotch egg, celeriac remoulade and pepper sauce
- Private dining: Up to 100 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Alternative indie rock and folk
- Live entertainment: DJ on weekends and bi-monthly paired down orchestra. Sunday sessions, acoustic gigs.
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 50/50 over two rooms.
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 20
- House wine: £17 per bottle