- Telephone 0141 332 7363
- Bar open Sun–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–9pm; Sat/Sun 10am–9pm
- Average price £6 (for one course); £15.95 (set evening meal)
- Website thedrakebar.co.uk
Comfortable Woodlands bar offering you the spoils of the country while residing in the city, with top-notch food and drinks.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Live in the city but don’t own a second home in the country? Don’t be glum, because the Drake’s got you covered. With a glorious roaring fire and sumptuous leather seating, the comfort of which would make even the sturdiest Chesterfield blush a dark crimson, all the trappings of country living are a mere hansom cab ride away. In the dimly lit downstairs bar they have resolved to serve a fresh pared-down menu that offers a great selection of classics from tender lamb shank or the Drake burger with blue cheese to the special Arnold Bennett omelette with smoked haddock and skinny fries. Upstairs at the weekend it’s a more lavish affair with a well-chosen selection of game and meats. Whichever way you go, don’t forget to sample the Hop House ale or an Old Fashioned, lovingly prepared by the most consummate staff in town.
- High point: Homely feel meets great food
- Low point: No disabled access
- Notable dish: Lamb Shanks
- Private dining: Up to 100 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Alternative indie rock, hip hop.
- Live entertainment: Dj on weekends and bi monthly paired down orchestra. Sunday sessions, acoustic gigs.
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 50/50 over two rooms.
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 20
- House wine: £17 per bottle
There are 2 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Chamber Music At The Drake - February 2017
The second of our 2017 concerts in the intimate surroundings of the upstairs drawing room at The Drake features: Beethoven String Quartet Opus 18 No 1 Bartok: Duos for Two Violins Interval Gershwin: Lullaby Prokofiev: String Quartet No 2 "Kabardinian" Violins: Gemma O'Keeffe, Helena Zambrano-Quispe Viola: Francesca…
Chamber Music At The Drake - January 2017
The Drake Ensemble present their first concert of 2017 in the intimate suroundings of the upstairs drawing room at The Drake. Beethoven: String Quartet Op 18 No.3 Bach: Cello Suite no 4 in E Britten: String Quartet No1. Kirsty Orton and Frances Pryce - violins Mary Ward- Viola Marie Connell - Cello Concertgoers…