Comfortable Woodlands bar offering you the spoils of the country while residing in the city, with top-notch food and drinks.
Exposed stone walls, a roaring fire and a serious dog-friendly policy mean you can wander out of Kelvingrove Park and straight into the delights of a country pub transplanted in the city. Settle into a squishy leather booth and choose from carefully selected spirits, original cocktails and a wide selection of draught beer, with offerings from Germany, Portugal, the US and local fellas Williams Bros. The kitchen serves burgers, British classics and a few world cuisine dishes, with cider and mustard gammon and a Goan-style curry both large plate options. There are wraps served at lunch, brunch at weekends and cheery staff will help you choose from the daily specials board. With a focus on seasonal produce the cooking is precise, from a haggis Scotch egg with a perfectly soft yolk and rich pepper sauce, to plump king prawns in a delicate white wine cream linguine.
- High point: An epic roast and a bold Bloody Mary means Sundays are sorted
- Low point: Not an accessible venue
- Notable dish: Haggis Scotch egg, celeriac remoulade and pepper sauce
- Private dining: Up to 100 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Alternative indie rock and folk
- Live entertainment: DJ on weekends and bi-monthly paired down orchestra. Sunday sessions, acoustic gigs.
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 50/50 over two rooms.
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 20
- House wine: £17 per bottle
Events at this venue
There are 3 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Caves and Clouds
Newly formed duo of EW Harris and Jo Kroger from Brooklyn New York.
Wed 1 Nov
£6 / 0141 332 7363
Chamber Music at the Drake
The upstairs drawing room hosts regular chamber music recitals.
Wed 13 Sep
£10 (£8) / 0141 332 7363
Featuring the Kentigern Quartet.
Chamber Music At The Drake - September 2017
The Upstairs Drawing Room at The Drake offers the perfect setting to experience small scale music as it was meant to be heard. These intimate concerts provide 'up close and personal" listening with the musicians in what was once the living room of a classic Glasgow home. The first concert of our 2017-18 season…
Wed 13 Sep
£11 some concessions / 0141 332 7363