- Telephone 0131 225 1770
- Seasonal times Festival: extended hours (more lunches tbc) and Sunday opening
- Bar open Mon–Thu 3pm–midnight; Fri 3pm–1am; Sat noon–1am. Closed Sun.
- Food served Mon–Thu 5–10pm; Fri 5–11pm; Sat noon–11pm. Closed Sun.
- Website www.divinoedinburgh.com
Stylish interior of stripped-back wine cellar chic, with a fabulous wine choice across both bar and elegant dining room.
Divino Enoteca is a cavernous wine bar and restaurant and the fine dining arm of the popular Vittoria chain. Headed up by chef Francesco Ascrizzi, who has worked with Mark Greenaway and Tom Kitchin, the menu offers classy Italian dishes with some Scottish twists. Delectable roasted scallops with celeriac mousse and crispy polenta are a good place to start. On the pasta front, the standout dish is a delicious egg ravioli stuffed with braised short rib of beef, served with roasted celeriac, pecorino cheese and a beef jus. Even the courgette fries (zucchini fritti) are crisped and well-seasoned. For dessert, there's traditional Italian sponge dipped in cherry liqueur stuffed with vanilla and chocolate custard, a tangy confit pineapple or the Italian cheese board with all the trimmings and a tipple to match. The food is great but the star of the show has to be the enomatic machine, a wine spaceship imported from Italy, that keeps over 40 Italian and international wines fresh and available by the glass. An enoteca menu is also available from 3pm onwards with a selection of antipasti, salumi and bruschetta.
- Private dining: Up to 16 covers
- Provides: Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Cheesy Italian covers of pop songs
- Live entertainment: Live jazz on first and third Wednesday of the month
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 40
- House wine: £23 per bottle