- Telephone 0131 225 1770
- Seasonal times Festival: extended hours (more lunches tbc) and Sunday opening
- Bar open Mon–Thu 4pm–11pm; Fri 4pm–midnight; Sat 11am–midnight. Closed Sun.
- Food served Mon–Thu 5–10pm; Fri 5–11pm; Sat noon–11pm. Closed Sun.
- Website www.divinoedinburgh.com
Elegant restaurant and wine bar featuring one of the best selections of Italian wine in the city alongside an engaging menu.
Divino Enoteca is a luxurious Italian restaurant and bar discreetly tucked away beneath the arches of George IV Bridge. Down in the basement of a towering tenement, you descend a flight of stairs to reach the awaiting maître’d (there’s a lift for wheelchair users). But once you're in the door, it feels like an escape to much further afield. Softly lit and elegantly designed, it could be a luxury après-ski resort in the Italian Alps. The bar area is relaxed, with cosy leather banquettes and walls stacked with wine. More than just an eye-catching design feature, the wine list here is magnificent, with 32 served by the glass alone. In comparison, the main dining space is more formal and serves dishes exclusively from the à la carte menu. ‘Fine wine deserves fine dining’ is the restaurant’s mantra and with perfectly cooked prime cuts of meat and freshly caught fish presented in dainty, delicious portions, the menu is more than a match.
- Private dining: Up to 16 covers
- Provides: Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Live jazz on first and third Wednesday eve of the month and they are planning on making this every Wednesday
- Capacity: 55
- Largest group: 55
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 32
- House wine: £21 per bottle
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.