- Telephone 0131 225 1770
- Seasonal times Festival: extended hours and Sunday opening
- Bar open Mon–Thu 3pm–midnight; Fri 3pm–1am; Sat noon–1am. Closed Sun.
- Food served Mon–Thu 5pm–10pm; Fri 5–11pm; Sat noon–11pm. Closed Sun.
- Website www.divinoedinburgh.com
Stylish interior of stripped-back wine cellar chic, with a fabulous wine choice across both bar and elegant dining room.
Linked by warm, dark tones and stripped-back wine cellar chic, Divino Enoteca’s lower ground venue seamlessly shifts between polished wine bar and sophisticated, elegant restaurant. Tucked beneath its George IV Bridge sister trattoria, a huge selection of carefully sourced wines dress the stylish walls, with a stellar range of top-notch wine available by the glass. Open from mid-afternoon, white table linen and a refined front of house link the restaurant and the private dining room, with sommelier Silvio’s skilful wine tastings energising both. A precise à la carte from kicks off with a standout starter of oven-roasted sardines, leading to squid ink tagliatelle with prawn bisque and pistachio crumb. A rich red wine sauce coats roasted rib of beef, leaving just enough room for the deliciously decadent chocolate fondant or regional Italian cheeses with honey. Ideal for an after work tipple, a conservatory and sit-up bar host a range of appealing snacks, with balsamic-drizzled parmesan and antipasti plates to share, all well matched to cleverly composed wine flights.
- Private dining: Up to 14 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Italian lounge music
- Live entertainment: Live jazz on first and last Wednesday of the month plus guitar solo events.
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 40
- House wine: £23 per bottle