- Telephone 0141 576 1700
- Bar open Mon–Fri 11am–midnight; Sat/Sun 11am–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–10pm; Sat/Sun 10am–10pm.
- Average price £9 (lunch); £12.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.hillheadbookclub.co.uk
Just around the corner from Hillhead Library sits the Hillhead Bookclub. While the former caters for actual kids the latter has plenty to excite those wishing to relive the halcyon days of their youth. In the wings of the upper tier you can choose to challenge friend or foe to some retro gaming or best them at a lively bout of ping pong. Either of these endeavours, however, is always best undertaken after a few pints of Dead Pony Pale Ale, served in beer mugs not seen since the demise of working men's clubs. Yet for all its quaint touches this bar is forward thinking when it comes to its food; offering a separate vegetarian and meat menu. The spinach and potato saag is lovingly prepared while the Stornoway black pudding-stuffed chicken is as tasty as it is ornate, proving the Bookclub is more than just a novel idea.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: House/Disco/Hip hop/Retro
- Live entertainment: DJs 5 night a week; Vintage fairs, Sun. Ping pong tournament, Mon. sewing classes, Tues.
- Capacity: 180
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £15.95 btl £17.95 ltr per bottle
Events at this venue
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.
Social Sculpting @ Hillhead Bookclub
Enjoy a night of clay sculpting in a relaxed and sociable environment. Join in with a range of games and mini-challenges or spend the night working on your masterpiece. Suitable for complete beginners right up to master sculptors with all materials supplied, this event is a way to learn about the joys of sculpting.
Wed 15 Apr
£13.75 / 0141 576 1700
Wed 20 May
£13.75 / 0141 576 1700
Reviews & features
Neighbourhood Watch: Byres Road, Glasgow17 Oct 2011
A rough guide to the trendiest road in the West
What's it like? One big road with many little offshoots to appeal to the culture vulture in you. Where's it, like? Off Great Western road if you hang a left at the Botanic Gardens, and just up from Partick. Take the tube to Hillhead station (soon…