- Telephone 0131 332 8455
- Food served Tue–Sat 10am–6pm; Sun 11am–6pm. Closed Mon. Closed Mon.
- Average price £4.10 (3 macarons plus hot drink)
- Website www.patisseriemadeleine.com
Expect bejewelled éclairs and a rainbow sweep of macarons at this French patisserie in Stockbridge.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Bejewelled éclairs, a rainbow sweep of macarons and chocolate globes with a mirror glaze almost perfect enough to see your own reflection are more than enough to commend this otherwise unassuming patisserie in Stockbridge. A minimalist beige interior lets the cakes do the talking and a well-stocked cabinet is motivation enough to bring shoppers through the door. While front of house retains a calm air of sophistication complete with French music playing and a few carefully chosen pictures and paper lamp shades, pastry chef Arnaud Djavanshir is working hard in the back kitchen to ensure a steady stream of painstakingly perfect pastries. Happily, they’re as pleasing on the palette as they are on the eye and there will be no regrets over a coffee teamed with a chewy pistachio macaron.
- High point: A pistachio macaron to write home about
- Low point: Not much elbow room
- Notable dish: Macarons
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options
- Music on stereo: French / jazz
- Capacity: 12
- Open since: 2010