- Telephone 01620 842144
- Bar open Bar food: Mon–Sun noon–10pm.
- Food served Restaurant: Mon–Sun noon–2.30pm, 7–10pm. Afternoon tea 2.30–5.30pm.
- Average price £26.50 (set lunch); £29.50 (set evening meal)
- Website greywalls.co.uk
Classic French cuisine in Albert Roux's pretty East Lothian country house hotel.
Overseen by Albert Roux, dining at this pretty East Lothian Edwardian country house is rightly an unrushed and leisurely experience. A drink beside the fire in the book-lined library before your meal, and a deeply cushioned sofa in which to relax with coffee afterwards, are all part of the charm. The menu changes each season and while Scotland contributes the fish, the game and the prime Aberdeen Angus, dishes such as soufflé suissesse or quenelles de brochet, sauce nantua, place the cuisine firmly in the classic French tradition. If you want to enjoy the garden and surroundings without the cost of the à la carte, consider the bar menu or fixed-price lunch, dinner or Sunday roast.
Greywalls Hotel is uniquely situated on the edge of Muirfield championship golf course with stunning views over East Lothian and the Firth of Forth. Overlooking the world famous greens of the 9th and 18th holes, it has earned itself a reputation as a golfers' paradise'!Offering one of the very best country house accommodations in Scotland, Greywalls' stylish Edwardian splendour makes an ideal retreat for individuals, golfing holidays, family gatherings, weddings and corporate entertainment.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Original Dining Room 20; Whisky Room 12; Sun Room 20
- No. overnight rooms: 23
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Live entertainment: Pianist Fri/Sat night and Sun lunch
- Capacity: 50 max
- Largest group: 50 max
- Open since: 1948