This review is taken from the 2011 edition.
As befits an outfit that owns two fishing boats and sets up home on the end of a pier the Waterfront's commitment to fresh seafood and local sourcing is impeccable. Flanked by a huddle of pier head shops and the Oban ferry terminal, the restaurant is based in a former seaman's mission and offers panoramic views of Oban bay. Chef Roy Stalker has a nimble touch conjuring magical daily specials from halibut, scallops, salmon, haddock and many other sparkling Scottish ingredients.
- High point: Excellent cooking, service and views
- Low point: Back yard could do with a bit of a tidy up
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Light Jazz
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 80
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle