Clockwork Beer Co
Homely local pub serving exceptional craft beers to those in the know.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Don’t be fooled by the run-of-the mill exterior or the humdrum pub menu. Behind the scenes here, there’s something unusual happening that's worth travelling the extra mile for if you're a beer enthusiast. On the city’s outskirts, in the shadow of the national stadium, lies this microbrewery that's been quietly serving up craft beer since it was but a glint in a marketing manager’s eye. The craft lager is light and crisp, IPA refreshingly bitter and, for the partisan, an optimistic Hampden Roar invokes memories of past sporting glories. Another well-kept secret is the beer garden that’s a fine spot to enjoy the expertise of the Clockwork brewers when the sun’s out.
- High point: Delicious small-batch brews
- Low point: Average pub grub
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Pop
- Live entertainment: Open mic night every Monday
- Capacity: 150(20 outdoors)
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 1998
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 13
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle